Top 10 places to visit Savannah, Georgia
Here are 10 places to visit in Savannah, Georgia:
- Forsyth Park – This historic park is the perfect place to relax and enjoy the beautiful scenery. It features a large fountain, walking trails, and plenty of open space.
- Savannah Historic District – This area of the city is home to some of Savannah’s most iconic landmarks, including historic homes, churches, and squares.
- Bonaventure Cemetery – This cemetery is known for its beautiful scenery and historic grave sites, including the final resting place of songwriter Johnny Mercer.
- Savannah College of Art and Design Museum – This museum showcases the work of students and faculty from the Savannah College of Art and Design.
- River Street – This bustling street along the Savannah River is lined with shops, restaurants, and historic buildings.
- Savannah Bee Company – Visit this store and tasting room to sample a variety of honey and learn about the process of honey-making.
- Wormsloe Historic Site – This historic site features a 1.5-mile-long oak-lined drive that leads to the ruins of a colonial estate.
- Telfair Museums – This museum complex includes three different sites: the Telfair Academy, the Owens-Thomas House, and the Jepson Center.
- The Cathedral of St. John the Baptist – This historic cathedral is known for its beautiful stained glass windows and impressive architecture.
- Juliette Gordon Low Birthplace – This museum is dedicated to the founder of the Girl Scouts and features exhibits on her life and legacy.