Egg Bhurji recipe and tips | Indian Anda Bhurji
Egg bhurji is a popular Indian dish made with scrambled eggs and a variety of spices. It is a simple and delicious dish that can be served as a side dish or as a main course with bread, rice or roti. Egg bhurji is a great option for those looking for a quick and easy meal that is also nutritious. In this article, we will discuss how to make egg bhurji and share some tips to make it even more delicious.
- 4 eggs
- 2 onions, finely chopped
- 2 tomatoes, finely chopped
- 1 tsp ginger paste
- 1 tsp garlic paste
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 tsp coriander powder
- 1 tsp cumin powder
- 1 tsp red chili powder
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- Salt to taste
- 2 tbsp oil
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh coriander leaves
- Begin by cracking 4 eggs into a bowl and whisking them until the yolks and whites are well combined. Set aside.
- Heat 2 tbsp of oil in a pan over medium heat. Add 1 tsp of cumin seeds and let them splutter.
- Add 2 finely chopped onions to the pan and sauté until they turn golden brown.
- Add 1 tsp of ginger paste and 1 tsp of garlic paste to the pan and sauté for a minute.
- Add 2 finely chopped tomatoes to the pan and cook until they are soft and pulpy.
- Add 1 tsp of coriander powder, 1 tsp of cumin powder, 1 tsp of red chili powder, 1/2 tsp of turmeric powder, and salt to taste. Mix well and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Now, add the whisked eggs to the pan and mix well with the masala mixture. Keep stirring until the eggs are scrambled and cooked through.
- Add 1/4 cup of chopped fresh coriander leaves to the pan and mix well.
- Serve hot with bread, rice or roti.
- Use fresh ingredients for better taste and texture.
- You can also add vegetables like capsicum, peas, or mushrooms to the dish to make it more nutritious.
- Adjust the spice levels according to your taste.
- Use a non-stick pan for easy cooking and cleaning.
- You can also add a pinch of garam masala or chaat masala to the dish for added flavor.
- Adding a splash of milk to the eggs while whisking them can make the scrambled eggs even creamier.
- If you like your egg bhurji spicy, you can add green chilies or a few drops of hot sauce to the dish.
- Adding a dollop of butter or ghee to the dish before serving can make it even more flavorful.
- To make the dish even more nutritious, you can use egg whites instead of whole eggs.
- Garnish with more chopped coriander leaves for added flavor.
Egg bhurji recipe is a versatile dish that can be enjoyed for breakfast, lunch or dinner. It is a great way to add protein to your diet and is perfect for people who are always on the go. The combination of eggs and spices makes it a flavorful and filling meal that is loved by people of all ages. The addition of fresh coriander leaves gives it a refreshing taste and adds to its nutritional value. Egg bhurji can be served with bread, roti, or rice, making it a versatile dish that can be paired with different foods for a complete meal. So, try out this simple and delicious recipe and impress your family and friends with your culinary skills!