Masala egg recipe
Masala egg is a popular dish from the Indian subcontinent, especially in the northern part of the country. It is a spicy and flavorful dish that is typically made with boiled eggs, onion, tomato, and a blend of spices. The dish is usually served with buttered toast or pav, which is a type of Indian bread. Masala egg is a versatile dish that can be enjoyed at any time of the day, whether it’s breakfast, lunch, or dinner. The preparation of the dish can vary from region to region and from household to household, with some adding green chilies, coriander leaves, or even cream to enhance the taste and texture of the dish. Masala egg is also a popular street food in India and is often served with a side of chutney or ketchup. Overall, masala egg is a delicious and satisfying dish that is loved by many in the Indian subcontinent and beyond. In this article, we will discuss how to make Masala egg recipe.
- 4 boiled eggs
- 2 onions, finely chopped
- 2 tomatoes, finely chopped
- 2 green chilies, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp oil
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 tsp ginger-garlic paste
- 1 tsp red chili powder
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tsp coriander powder
- Salt to taste
- Chopped coriander leaves for garnish
- Heat oil in a pan and add cumin seeds. Wait until the seeds start to crackle.
- Add the finely chopped onions and sauté them until they turn golden brown.
- Add the ginger-garlic paste and sauté for a minute.
- Add the finely chopped tomatoes and green chilies. Mix well and cook until the tomatoes are soft and pulpy.
- Add red chili powder, turmeric powder, coriander powder, and salt to taste. Mix well and cook for a minute.
- Cut the boiled eggs in half and add them to the pan with the masala mixture. Gently mix the eggs with the masala to coat them with the spices.
- Keep stirring the mixture until the eggs are heated through and coated with the masala.
- Garnish with chopped coriander leaves.
- Serve hot with buttered toast or pav.
- Use fresh boiled eggs for better taste and texture.
- If you prefer a spicier Masala egg, add more green chilies or red chili powder.
- You can also add other vegetables such as bell peppers, mushrooms, or spinach to make the dish more nutritious.
- Use a non-stick pan for easy cooking and cleaning.
- You can also add a pinch of garam masala for extra flavor.
Masala egg recipe is a simple and delicious dish that can be made in a matter of minutes. It is a perfect breakfast or brunch option that can be served with bread or as a standalone dish. The combination of eggs, onion, tomato, and spices makes it a flavorful and filling meal that is loved by people of all ages. Masala egg recipe is a great way to add protein and spice to your diet. It is not only easy to make but also a healthy option as eggs are a rich source of protein and essential vitamins and minerals. You can adjust the level of spice in the dish according to your taste preferences. So, whether you’re looking for a quick breakfast option or a filling meal, masala egg is a dish that you can rely on for both taste and nutrition. So, give it a try and impress your family and friends with this easy and tasty dish!
Read on : Australian egg fry recipe and tips